Everybody’s heard the dismal stats: Fewer than 20% of sales leads gleaned from trade shows ever get a follow-up. In fact, the Center for Exhibition Industry Research says:
- The #1 goal of trade show marketers is generating leads.
- The #1 problem is lead follow-up.
Why spend precious time squeezing more business from existing customers while overlooking prime opportunities with 80% of your fresh new leads? Did you know that 90% of collected promo literature gets tossed or never looked at again? Experts insist you should follow-up with all leads within 48 hours of the trade show.
Here’s how you can use Gladhandle to follow up with your new leads before everyone else has even unpacked their bags!
- The booth is packed up and you’ve got 50 new business cards (hopefully with notes).
- Find a WiFi hotspot asap, log into Gladhandle, enter your top 10 leads.
- Drag and drop a branded e-mail to each, and write a brief custom message. Thank the prospect and reintroduce your solution.
- Follow up with the rest of the lukewarm-to-cool leads as a group when you get back to the office. You may just want to use a template message for these.
- Set reminders for future actions. What is your next move, and when?
- Voila! You’ve responded to all your new leads in less than 48 hours!