Becoming the local “go-to" expert on your product and service can have a positive impact on your customer base.
For example, let’s say you run a health food and supplement store. Some things you can do are:
- Host a community seminar on fitness and health. Make sure to have a sign-in sheet to capture names & addresses. Send follow-up info by email or postcard.
- Attend health-related fundraisers and public events. Meet, greet and hand out business cards. Follow up.
- Volunteer to speak on nutrition at clubs, organizations, and associations.
- Keep up with all the latest specialized news on vitamin/health topics and send pithy e-mails to local editors or reporters suggesting a local angle.
- Send out regular newsletters on nutrition topics to your contacts.
- Establish pen-pal Twitter, Facebook, blog, or e-mail relationships with other leading health and nutrition experts.