Becoming the local “go-to" expert on your product or service can have a positive impact on your customer base. For example, let’s say you run a health food and supplement store. Some things you can do are:
- Host a community seminar on fitness and health. Make sure to provide a sign-in sheet to capture names, emails & addresses. Send follow-up info with a Branded Email or Postcard within 48 hours of the seminar.
- Attend health-related fundraisers and public events. Meet, greet and hand out business cards.
- Volunteer to speak on nutrition at clubs, organizations, and associations.
- Keep up with all the latest specialized news on vitamin/health topics and send pithy Email Greetings to local editors or reporters suggesting a local angle on these topics.
- Send out regular Ezines on nutrition and wellness to your contacts.
- Establish pen-pal Twitter, Facebook, blog, or Email relationships with other leading health and nutrition experts.