Another title for this post could be, "What We've Been Building, What You've Been Waiting For, and What's Next" – but it was a little long. Perhaps you're like many of our customers who are wondering what the Ace of Sales Team has been working on.
You asked us to make Ace of Sales work on your iPads and iPhones. Anyone can make a mobile app these days, right? So what's taking so long?
Short Answer: We've been working on mobile – but that's only the tip of the iceberg.
Long Answer: 9 months ago we took a close look at the array of suggestions and requests you posted. You wanted mobile, but that wasn't all. You needed much more.
You wanted faster speed, more customization, the option to send to larger lists.
You requested features expected of everyday emails you might send to individuals but also features expected of email newsletters to big lists.
You asked to select any combination of individual recipients and groups for your emails. You wanted to add new contacts, switch profiles, auto-save your work, and set a time to send on the fly while composing your email.
You suggested opt-in forms, integration with tools like Google Apps and Salesforce, an API so you could build your own apps, private-labeling, and more sharing and management options for teams.
Just like us, you were thinking big!
We studied and explored your reqeusts (and still do) and we decided... to build them all.
What we've been working on:
Delivering all these requests meant we had to rethink and rebuild Ace of Sales to be mobile, faster, better, more flexible, and easier to use. We had to redesign it for now and prepare it for the future. And that's exactly what we've done.
Mobile – We ripped out Flash and designed a revamped interface that works on almost every device – including PC's, Macs, iPads, iPhones, Android phones and tablets, and Windows mobile phones and tablets.
Faster – We've upgraded the entire system adding exponential speed improvements across the board. Emails, as an example, can be created and sent up to 10X faster, thanks to dramatic upgrades to search, software, hardware, network systems, and a new data design.
Better – We've mapped out all the features you requested and merged them with our own vision for Ace of Sales. It all lines up perfectly. We'll be launching features in several updates. The first is packed with your suggestions:
- Sending to multiple groups
- Auto-complete when adding contacts
- Auto-save while composing
- Scheduling emails on the fly
- Adding new contacts on the fly
- Switching profiles on the fly
- More customization options
- True Cc/Bcc options when sending emails to individuals
- View-in-browser and webpage link options
- Better email templates
- Improved "Send a Test" capabilities
- Uploading images from your iPad/iPhone photo galleries
- And much more
This is just the beginning. Rebuilding the system means we're readying Ace of Sales for even more:
- Opt-in forms and auto-responders
- Loads of new email, newsletter, and printed card templates
- Video email
- New sharing and management options for teams
- Private labeling so Ace of Sales looks and feels like your own system
- Integration with other tools you use like Salesforce, SugarCRM, Google Apps, Highrise, and MailChimp
- Public API so you can build your own apps
More Flexible– One of your top requests is to be able to send emails to larger groups of contacts and make email newsletters and printed cards more affordable. On the way:
- Email newsletters will be included with your subscription for no extra charge
- All existing customers will get a free bump to be able to send to 1,000 contacts at a time
- Subscription plans will be available with higher email sending limits (up to 50,000 contacts at a time)
- Setting up users for team accounts is simpler and easier
- Printed cards will get a price drop
Easier to Use – The new email editor has been simplified to a one screen interface. We labored over every button and detail so you won't have to. The new system lets you switch between "everyday email mode" and "email marketing list mode" with one click or touch. We're most excited about how much time it will save you and how much more customer outreach you'll be able to do.
One More Thing – To show off everything new and welcome new customers, we are putting the final touches on a brand new website. It'll feature vivid graphics, resources, videos, our new plan structure, a brand new help section, and... the new Ace of Sales logo! (Don't miss our 100 t-shirt giveaway contest coming to the blog soon.)
Scroll down for screenshot previews and a peek at our new website and logo.
The journey has been long and your patience has been great. We are grateful and very excited to put all these requests and suggestions in your hands very soon. In the coming weeks, we'll be updating our blog with more details, videos, and updates about everything we've been building and preparing to launch for you. Stay tuned and stay in touch.