It might sound cliché, but no matter how modern and sophisticated technology becomes for marketing and sales, nothing can replace the good ol’ personal referral. There are a myriad of local groups and organizations you can become involved in to meet people and start to make connections (and even have some fun while you’re at it)!
- Start attending your local chamber of commerce events and mixers. You can also attend chamber events in nearby cities and towns.
- Join local associations for your type of business or a related business and attend their meetings. (For example, if you are a web development company, it's a good idea to join your local technology association.)
- If you are interested in politics, join your local party chapter.
- Take a class at a gym.
- Take a cooking or photography class at your local community college or university – something where you can interact and chat with members of the class (not just sit to hear a lecture).
- Love softball? Join a rec league!
- Do you play the trumpet? Join a community band.